Western Suburbs is currently monitoring the Covid lockdown levels to determine the impact on the WELLINGTON GRADED CHAMPS 2021. The tournament has been rescheduled to the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd October. The Wellington Graded Champs tournament will be confirmed over the coming week.
The U13 Wests Challenge Cup is continuing on Saturday 25th September with restrictions on squad sizes.
If you have registered your team to play, please contact Jo Todd ASAP to confirm your entry – firstname.lastname@example.org – 021 563 274
WESTERN SUBURBS FOOTBALL CLUB
is proud to present the famous end of season tournament
in association with
WELLINGTON GRADED CHAMPS 2021
Western Suburbs Football Club welcome your 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th , 11th and 12th Grade teams to the annual end of season Wellington Graded Champs to be held at Endeavour Park, Whitby.
|Saturday 2nd October 2021||7th 9th and 11th Grades||Endeavour Park|
|Sunday 3rd October 2021||8th 10th and 12th Grades||Endeavour Park|
Fixtures and results
|7th Grade||8th Grade||9th Grade||10th Grade||11th Grade||12th Grade|
WESTS CHALLENGE CUP 2021
Western Suburbs Football Club welcome your 13th grade teams to the Wests Challenge Cup 2021.
|Saturday 25th September 2021||13th Grade||Endeavour Park|
In order to accommodate the limitation of 100 people on the field during Covid lockdown level 2, we have split into separate morning and afternoon sessions:
- Team size limits – Each squad has enough space for a maximum of 20 representatives; including the players, coaches and supporters. This will mean that squads will be made up mostly of the players and coaches only. Teams over this limit will be asked to move spectators on and will risk losing standings points.
- Parent drop off – There is plenty of parking at the club. Parents please stay in your cars to drop players off
- Morning pool – 8am and be ready to pick them up again after prize giving at 12pm
- Afternoon pool – no sooner than 12.30pm and be ready to pick them up again after prize giving at 4.30pm.
- Covid safety measures – We all know the drill by now for keeping ourselves and our family safe during Covid lockdown level 2. All tournament attendees including players need to wear masks when not playing on the field (or eating/drinking). Please also maintain social distancing on the side lines and in areas of congregation (BBQ, toilets, tournament manager desk).
Standings, fixtures and draws
Other useful information:
- Game numbers – Each team in the tournament will get a minimum of three games with the first and second in the standings getting a fourth game.
- Game times – Halves will be 16 minutes with a 3 minute half-time and 10 minutes to prep for the next game. Games will start and stop on the hooter.
- Referees – We have a full complement of referees available on the day so that coaches/managers can enjoy watching their games.
- Scoring – Referees will submit games scores on behalf of your teams.
- Live fixtures and standings – Online live fixtures and standings can be above. This will contain your game time, opponent and a live standings board.
- Cancellations – In the unlikely event of a cancellation, this will be posted by 7am on Saturday 25th by email and also on the Western Suburbs website. The forecast is looking fairly average for Saturday but the field will need to be underwater for us to cancel! 🙂
- First aider – We will have a first aider on hand if we have any injuries. Please come to the tournament management desk if you need medical assistance during the tournament.
- Photos – Game photos will be uploaded to the Western Suburbs website (www.westernsuburbs.co.nz) tournament page after the event.
- BBQ – Due to the tight schedule and limited players in each group, unfortunately the BBQ has been cancelled. Please bring snack food and drinks with you.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Jo Todd – email@example.com – 021 563 274