Capital Football will be running their first Regional Coaching Conference on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th November 2022, and we’d like to invite Wests coaches to participate.
With the topic of “actively engaging with our rangatahi/youth players” the conference is in place to both upskill any interested coaches throughout the region but also offer the opportunity for advanced qualified coaches (OFC/NZF C Licence and above) the chance to accrue NZF continuous personal development (CPD) accreditation points.
There will be a range of guest speakers throughout the weekend, from several different sports and backgrounds. Guest speakers confirmed so far include:
- Gareth Jennings | Former NZF High Performance General Manager
- Natalie Lawrence | Wellington Phoenix Women’s Head Coach
- Martin Bullock | NZF Talent Pathway Manager & U17’s Head Coach
- Glenn Pocknall | Central Districts Coach, Performance & Pathways
- Tony Rogers | Athletics Wellington General Manager
- Ruben Parker | Wellington Phoenix Academy Goalkeeping Coach
The conference will take place at The Hub Poneke in Kilbirnie from 8.30am to 5.30pm on both days. The cost for attendance is normally $100 for two days and $60 for one day, however Western Suburbs are delighted to be able to offer 20 slots for Wests coaches at no charge.
We are seeking coaches that:
- Want to advance their coaching skills
- Can commit to two days of coaching training
- Will be returning to coach at Wests in 2023
If this sounds like you, then please contact Terry Chapman, Wests Coach Coordinator as soon as possible to secure your spot.