From the Club Captain
Welcome to all those returning players and families and a big welcome to all those new players and families to the club for the 2013 season.
While there has been a gap between last season and this season (though it doesn’t feel like it!!) there have been many changes and things happen at the club which will benefit the club going forward. These changes include the following:
- A new board elected at the recent AGM
- New junior and senior committee’s
- A working bee planned for Sunday 17th of March where the club will be given a big clean up before the season kicks off
- Various policies and procedures have been put together to help with the structure and operation of the club
- A new club Administrator – a big welcome to Jo Sweeney!!
- Returning sponsors and hopefully some new ones!!
- Sign off by Porirua City Council on the new artificial turf at Ascot Park
- A new alignment with Ole Academy
- A returning first team coach and manager (welcome back Lloyd and Ken)
- A new second team coach – thanks to Dominic Rogerson for providing his experience and knowledge to the second team.
To the seniors of the club your season is underway already with trainings, pre-season tournaments, and summer “kick arounds” and on behalf of the whole club we wish you all the very best for the 2013 season. The actual season starts for all seniors on the 6th/7th of April.
To the juniors of the club your season is yet to start (though there has been some pre-season tournaments and trials) and on behalf of the whole club we also wish you all the very best for your season ahead. The actual season starts for all juniors on the 13th/14th of April.
To everyone playing or supporting the club please make sure you represent the club in a fair and positive manner and that as a club we portray ourselves in positive light.
In regards to all those people (too many to mention) who have spent hours getting the club ready for this season please accept the main boards appreciation for all the work completed to date – without you a club such as ours won’t operate as well as we currently do.
To all those people that wish to help the club going forward, whether it is providing sponsorship, help coaching/managing, assist at a working bee, etc; please don’t hesitate to contact us. Every little thing that people can help us with will greatly assist the club.
The aim is to turn Western Suburbs into a place where everyone in the community can enjoy themselves and wants to continually be a part of.
Once again all the very best for 2013 and we look forward to seeing everyone down at the club on Saturday 6th of April for the first team’s start to the season against Upper Hutt City.